Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
More information at OakViewGroup.com, and follow OVG on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
OVG Facilities is looking for part time facilities operations team members, to work on-site at the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center & Municipal Auditorium. The newly redesigned complex boasts 529,000 sq.ft. including a 13,500 seat arena, 100,000 sq.ft. of meeting space with the largest room of 72,400 sq.ft, 50,000 sq.ft. of exhibit space, a 25,000 sq.ft. ballroom with ample pre-function spaces, 760 seat theater, and a 3,400 seat auditorium. The Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center hosts a variety of events, including sporting events, world-class entertainment, conventions, meetings, banquets, and other social events.
OVG Facilities, a division of the Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management and event programming company that operates and books arenas, theaters, convention centers, and amphitheaters throughout the U.S. delivering customized management plans for each of their venues. OVG Facilities specializes in event programming, booking services, and creating unique experiences that focus on providing premium content to enhance the guest’s experience.
The basic function of this position is to ensure the appropriate number of cars is kept on location throughout shift, the appropriate amount of money is collected, and cars are being parked in an appropriate fashion and the garage / lot is kept clean and presentable.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $12.75 to $15.90.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
The Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center is looking for part time housekeepers to help us provide a positive first impression of the CCCC and Municipal Auditorium.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Provide a positive first impression by offering world class service
• Responsible for providing a clean and safe facility before, during and after all events
• Safely operates and maintains all types of cleaning machinery and equipment (training provided)
• Clean and maintain all restrooms and replenish supplies as needed
• Performs a variety of cleaning / maintenance duties as assigned including but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, shampooing, dusting, polishing, trash disposal and window cleaning
• Clean all surfaces including glass, furniture, fixtures, etc.
• Responsible for picking up trash and emptying trash and recycling receptacles
• Help assure the health, safety and security of co-workers and guests by following all safety policies and procedures
CONVERSION CREW / OPERATIONS (PT)
Operations Conversion team members are responsible for setting up the venue for the various events that enter the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center and maintaining the facility through the duration of the event as scheduled.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
• Execute logistical operations and setup/strike for all events in the facility
• Setting chairs, tables, desk and general furniture
• Erecting pipe and drapes, table linen and skirts
• Building and removing stages, sport flooring and dance floors
• Laying and removing carpet
• Following blueprints to set events that are provided by the facility
General janitorial duties include but are not limited to:
• Mopping, dusting, washing walls, cleaning furniture, removing rubbish, sweeping, emptying trash bins, window washing (inside and out), vacuuming, and cleaning restrooms.
Possible outdoor duties include, but are not limited to:
• Trash pick-up, weed eating, mowing, fixing mulch, general landscaping, shoveling snow and laying salt when the weather permits
Requirements for Operations Positions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Safety Conscious
• Ability to perform long periods of physical activity (standing, walking, etc.)
• Frequently will be required to perform heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Operate hand sweeper for sweeping, roads, parking areas, etc.
• Use radios/phones to communicate with supervisors
• Operate law maintenance equipment such as mowers, edger’s, trimmers, etc.
• Rake and remove leaves and other natural debris
• Mulch and treat plants, shrubs, and trees
• Provide hand and equipment snow removal as needed
• Performs other duties as directed by the Supervisors
• Have the ability to work a nontraditional work week and perform overtime duties as requires
• Excellent public relations, interpersonal communication skills, and customer service are a high priority
• Must be a team player; has the ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others
• Must be able to do the following for an extended period of time: stoop, kneel, reach, lift and walk
• Performs timely completion and accuracy of all work
• Must have the ability to adhere to contract requirements, safety and health regulations, and company policies
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
Skills and abilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. This position may be exposed to high noise levels, variable temperatures (often cold) and confined spaces.
This is a great opportunity for energetic individuals to to work in an ever-changing event environment and to supplement current income since the event schedule can be somewhat irregular, as many events take place in the evenings or outside of regular business hours. Applicant must be able to work traditional hours in addition to nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Software Powered by iCIMS