Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist with event management during events at the Ford Idaho Horse Park to ensure high level of guest satisfaction in all pertinent areas of event experience.
2. Assist in processing and tracking reservations & sundry items from horse park exhibitors, clients, and attendees by utilizing the RMS booking software.
3. Process orders by running credit cards and logging all money received.
4. Work closely with Horse Park Manager to coordinate check in/out process & day-to-day operation of the events.
5. Help coordinate and customize Welcome Packets for Horse Park event campers/attendees.
6. Learn how the Horse Park operates by assisting with show site support, audit stall & RV space usage, work the service desk during event, move-in, and move-out.
7. Maintain an active and positive relationship with internal and external partners.
8. Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
9. Participate in internal meetings to review data sheets, schedules, setups, event flips and clean ups.
10. Participate in external meetings with the Event Manager with clients to review, plan, coordinate and recap events.
11. Communicates in a timely fashion any/all problems and proposed solutions to Event Managers.
12. Assist in preparing event reports noting attendance, times, significant problems, etc.
13. Interacts with other facility staff in a courteous, cooperative, and professional manner.
The Event Intern position is based at our Ford Idaho Center complex with specific focus on the administration and event management of the Horse Park. With more than 110 acres and the ability to house 850 horses, folks come from all over the country to make the Ford Idaho Horse Park their home for their horse show.
The Ford Idaho Horse Park hosts a variety of events each year, including NCHA, NRCHA, NRHA and Arabian championship shows. Each July, we also team up with the Snake River Stampede Rodeo which brings cowboys and cowgirls from all over the US and Canada to compete for top PRCA prize money. It goes without saying that the Ford Idaho Horse Park couldn’t have accomplished all that we have without those local organizations that also call us home for their events each year.
Internship Structure and Expectations
1. Internships are expected to have a six-month commitment. This allows the student to experience the venue through multiple event cycles.
2. Internships are considered part time with a varied weekly schedule requiring an estimated 12-24 hours per week depending on events.
3. Learning agenda will include all aspects of Horse Park event management including advance, guest services, operations, administration, and parking.
4. Phases of internship are evaluated as follows: Orientation & training à Observation, learning, and practice à Implementation of skills and tasks à Development and improvement à Review, feedback, and assessment.
5. Required / Provided items:
a. Interns will be expected to communicate via venue provided radio when on site.
b. Workstation for interns will be provided for work while on property at FIC.
c. PPE and event specific tools required for tasks specific to events will be provided by FIC.
d. Intern is expected to be of legal driving age with valid current Idaho state driver’s license.
6. Interns will be supervised and mentored individually by a designated senior staff member.
7. Compensation: Hourly Pay
Education and Experience
1, Actively pursuing an undergraduate or a graduate degree at an accredited college or university, preferably in Event Management, Hospitality Management, Finance, Business, or related fields.
2. Interest/Experience with Horses, Rodeo, and/or Equestrian Shows preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to take direction and execute independently
2. Good verbal and written communication skills
3. Punctuality and positive attitude
4. Excellent customer service skills
5. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
6. Great time management and project management skills
7. Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
8. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oakview Group is an equal opportunity employer, and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Software Powered by iCIMS