Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
Under direct supervision from the Operations Manager and/or Operations Supervisor, Operations Building Attendants perform event set-up and tear down, custodial, housekeeping, and light maintenance tasks as assigned. In the absence of the Operations Manager or Supervisor, the Operations Staff may receive instruction from the Director of Event Services, General Manager, or the Manager on duty.
Located in historic downtown Provo, Utah the Utah Valley Convention Center opened its doors in 2012 as the premiere meeting space in Utah County. The UVCC boasts the perfect blend of modern architecture, flexible meeting space, and breathtaking interior and exterior views of the nearby Wasatch Mountains. This combined with its functional floor plan makes it the perfect venue to host any event.
JOB DUTIES: (including to but not limited to)
• Supervise crews setting up for events using folding chairs, stacking chairs, tables of various shapes and sizes, staging and drapery
• Operate buffer, rider sweepers/scrubbers, walk behind scrubbers, blowers, vacuums, forklifts and other various equipment
• Climb stairs and lift 40 lbs. unaided
• Safely use cleaning chemicals and communicate proper cleaning procedures to staff
• Comprehend and communicate clear instructions for event sets ups
• Be able to recognize overall look and feel of the building, maintaining symmetry and cleanliness
• Be able to greet guests with a smile and provide basic event, building and community information
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High school diploma
• Ability to work days, overnights, weekends and holidays as needed
• Work schedule will vary based on events booked
• Handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines
• Must have demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
• Two years’ experience in heavy public contact
• Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.