Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
Under general supervision assists in performing responsible technical work within the Audiovisual department; Sets up, operates, and strikes audiovisual equipment for events and performances in the convention center.
Located in historic downtown Provo, Utah the Utah Valley Convention Center opened its doors in 2012 as the premiere meeting space in Utah County. The UVCC boasts the perfect blend of modern architecture, flexible meeting space, and breathtaking interior and exterior views of the nearby Wasatch Mountains. This combined with its functional floor plan makes it the perfect venue to host any event.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (including, but not limited to)
• Set up, operate and tear down all in-house equipment and rented or client-provided audiovisual equipment
• Perform both preventive and corrective maintenance to all in-house audiovisual equipment.
• Consult with clients regarding audiovisual requirements upon request.
• Provide technical advisement to other departments upon request.
• Trouble-shoot sound, video, and lighting systems.
• Assist other departments under special circumstances.
• Understand best operation of all audiovisual equipment.
• Be familiar with terminology used in entertainment and convention settings.
• Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users.
• Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Maintain a high quality of work and professionalism.
• Recommend equipment or procedures to best service events.
• Make executive decisions with short notice if required for the success of the event.
• Interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
• High school diploma and one year experience in audio visual and technical media coordination and operation, preferably in a convention, theater, arena or hotel environment.
• Knowledge of audio-visual equipment and electronic services in public assembly settings.
• Knowledge of personal computers and computerized audio-visual systems.
• Ability to adapt quickly to unforeseen changes.
• Skills in Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS environments.
• Ability to use various tools and equipment properly and safely.
• Stamina to work long hours. Must be able to lift and/or move heavy equipment.
• Ability to occasionally add shifts with little notice.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.