Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
The Ice Technician/ Engineering Maintenance Technician provides direct supervision to the ice crew and works closely with the chief engineer.
-Oversee installation of ice; including freezing ice floor, painting base color, lines and logos; and building up the ice sheet
-Prepare ice for all practices, games and other ice events. Duties include but not limited to removing debris, checking ice depth, scraping, edging and resurfacing the ice
- Operate and maintain the ice-resurfacer and ice edger
- Repair and build ice back up as needed
- Monitor temperatures and humidity levels
- Maintain ice and lay water as needed
- Oversee and direct employees who assist with installation and maintenance of ice
- Must have a working knowledge of ice rink dasher system and have the ability to make repairs, also have the ability to replace glass in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to follow written instruction, interpret AutoCAD drawings and blueprints
- Interface with union officials and employees as required
- Communicates between shifts the necessary tasks that still need to be completed
- Maintains departmental equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have working knowledge of ice rink/floor operation including but not limited to: Ice Plant/Refrigeration and Zamboni/Ice Resurfacing equipment
- Any combination of experience and training equivalent to (3) years of hands-on experience regarding the operations of an ice rink/ice floor is required, professional hockey experience a plus
- Working knowledge of operations equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, staging, retractable seating risers, basketball floors, hockey glass, etc
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment and possess superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have the ability to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of boilers, chillers, refrigeration and ice making helpful
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Needs to have general handyman skills
- The combination of experience and training equivalent to two (2) years of hands-on experience in general facilities and systems maintenance and repair is a plus, or comparable experience as a trades assistant or laborer with demonstrated proficiency in skilled crafts such as welding, woodworking, drywall, minor plumbing, minor electrical, painting, tile work, mechanical repairs.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Software Powered by iCIMS