Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Fair Park First is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative, and dedicated Community Engagement Manager with excellent communication skills, the ability to handle multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously, and a desire to build and strengthen relationships with the South Dallas/Fair Park community. This full-time position is accountable for community outreach, partnership development, Fair Park Cultural District activation and marketing efforts, and special projects – all with an eye to expanding Fair Park First’s reach and impact.
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for establishing and managing community relationships across Dallas with an emphasis on the South Dallas/Fair Park and southern Dallas communities. Through engagement, education, and relationship building, the manager will work to increase awareness of Fair Park, the Cultural District, and its offerings. This manager will assure that Fair Park First is visible and credible within the community, deploying multiple direct outreach and communication modalities, while developing and supervising a team to carry out the community relations agenda. This position is the liaison between internal and external entities and is responsible for developing and delivering proactive community, marketing, and public relations strategies to advance Fair Park’s mission and inform stakeholders.
This person also plays a leading role in enhancing Fair Park’s relevance through special projects, partner events, and programming, including oversight of our internship program, growing current partner events like the MLK Food Park, developing new programming and marketing initiatives within the Fair Park Cultural District, and identifying/creating new partnerships across South Dallas.
The Community Engagement Manager will report to and work in close collaboration with the Director of Strategic Initiatives, along with the Visitor Experience Manager, OVG360 staff, the Fair Park First board, and other Fair Park First stakeholders.
• Cultivate relationships and partnerships with civic, corporate, faith-based, educational, and other community groups to meet mission goals.
• Refine Fair Park First’s cultural and community engagement tactics.
• Develop communication strategies for key issues and initiatives
• Implement community information strategies to ensure that internal and external constituencies receive accurate, timely, and credible information
• Establish a high standard of excellence, honesty, integrity, and professionalism in community relations and works with limited supervision making decisions involving the release and format of sensitive, strategic, and confidential information.
• Represent Fair Park First to key constituents, community organizations, and the community at large to deliver a consistent response and representation.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement a variety of community programs and events.
• Regularly attend neighborhood meetings and community events to foster relationships and identify new partners and projects.
• Develop new program ideas and content that further Fair Park’s mission and goals and meet the needs of the neighboring communities.
• Manage the summer high school internship program.
• Recruit, train, and supervise the community engagement team.
• Work closely with the marketing team to ensure successful marketing and communication strategies are in place for the community.
• Assist in operational duties and special projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.; some college/college degree preferred.
• Minimum (4) years of experience in community engagement, programming, and/or education for a complex organization
• Non-profit experience, highly desired
• Overall knowledge of South Dallas/Fair Park community a plus
• Strong diplomacy and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Experience in community outreach with knowledge of the South Dallas community.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• High level of comfort in taking initiative and willingness to navigate new situations.
• Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to be effective independently.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure, demonstrating persistence, perseverance, integrity, and patience along the way.
• Ability to deal with unexpected situations calmly and professionally.
• Professional appearance and positive attitude.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.