Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for all corporate and convention center sales for the venue. This position is responsible for the sale of venue advertising, sponsorships, suite agreements, banquets, meetings & special events at the facility. This individual will manage and coordinate all activities of the sales department to reach budget goals and generate revenue for the facility.
• Oversee duties of sales manager and perform like duties when require
• Works with sales manager to establish sales goals as needed
• Responsible for the prospecting, selling, cultivating and maintaining of corporate partnerships and convention sales
• Coordinate all aspects of sales solicitation process including account lists and tracking
• Responsible for creation/implementation of new ideas/opportunities that drive revenue
• Manage internal and external sales process, reporting to facility GM
• Responsible for achieving established sales goals and budgets
• Help in creation and development of sales presentation materials
• Completing and updating reporting and tracking systems
• Mentor staff in the department to assist in their development
• Other duties as appropriate for a senior sales manager
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in sales, business administration, or hospitality management; additional years of experience may be substituted for formal education
• Minimum of 2-3 years of increasingly responsible experience in sales, preferably with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility in sales management
• Ability to work flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, and select holidays, in addition to traditional business hours, as required Creative ideas for new promotions, goals, and other tasks
• Excellent communication skills in the English language, both oral and written
• Knowledgeable in all administrative procedures established by the convention center/arena
• Skill in public relations, oral and written communications, public speaking, and program planning
• Ability to identify potential problems and make plans for corrective action
• Ability to analyze data and numbers that affect duties and goals
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.