Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
The Office Manager will provide administrative support to all departments at the venue, as well as to the General Managers. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, assisting with payroll, handling A/P and A/R responsibilities, assuring compliance in full-time and hourly employee personnel files, handling basic HR duties, serving as human resources contact for hiring and payroll, entering schedules in eTime and coding to events, some general clerical duties, and ordering office supplies. This position is also responsible for data entry of invoices and cash receipts; GL entries, and accounting file maintenance.
• Provide general office and clerical support including but not limited to filing, copying, telephone inquiries, and maintaining event folders and finance folders.
• Responsible for maintaining office equipment and supplies for all departments.
• Assist General Managers and Director of Events as needed with contracts and event files.
• Supervision of part-time receptionists and oversee all aspects of front desk operations.
• Responsible for all on site human resources functions including new employee paperwork, responding to all human resources and employee related communications. Also responsible for new employee orientation.
• Responsible for payroll processing for up to 400 part time and full time employees.
• Maintain all full time and part time employee records.
• Oversee the process of performing background checks and pre-employment drug tests.
• Process and prepare accounts payable invoices and payments.
• Resolve any issues with vendors or outstanding invoices in a timely manner.
• Prepare and distribute AP checks on a weekly basis or as needed.
• Process and prepare all accounts receivable invoices and collection calls for outstanding payments.
• Prepare and process all cash receipts, including daily box office deposits.
• Verify Box Office vault on a regular basis.
• Relay any accounting, HR, employee relations, safety, policy, or procedural concerns, and any situation that may result in disciplinary action, to the Director of Finance or General Managers in a timely and responsible manner.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Two years of general accounting/bookkeeping experience required with supervisory experience.
• An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university with coursework in accounting.
• Ability to adhere to highest standards of ethics, integrity, professionalism, and discretion.
• Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of team and with all levels of management.
• Strong customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines in limited hours of availability.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.