Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
The Director of Finance at the Pan American Center plans and directs all aspects of financial, accounting, purchasing, and internal control functions for the venue by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Director of Finance directly supervises the Finance Department and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Spectra’s policies and applicable laws. Other responsibilities include overseeing the interviewing, hiring of fulltime employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
• Monitors compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
• Monitors contact with Risk Management Department and Insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
• Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage, or concessionaires.
• Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
• Reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
• Oversee box office, ticket sale receipts, and reporting.
• Oversee food and beverage accounting.
• Assist with show settlement including payments to promoters, compile all post-show financial info to enter into GL, prepare show income/loss reports.
• Oversee payroll and HR functions in the venue.
• Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed timely.
• Develop and implement all financial reporting, including:
• Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget, and Annual Report.
• Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
• Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operation expenses, and insurance records.
• Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommend appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
• Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
• Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.