Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Pan American Center is a multi–purpose arena in Las Cruces, New Mexico, located on the campus of New Mexico State University. The arena has a current seating capacity of 12,515 people.
The arena serves as home of the New Mexico State Aggies Men's and Women's Basketball and Women's Volleyball teams.
The Director of Operations at the Pan American Center, utilizing independent judgment, assists the General Manager in managing, supervising and coordinating all day-to-day operations of the venue, including engineering, maintenance, set-up/changeovers, custodial/housekeeping, grounds keeping. Assists in providing overall administrative planning, direction, and policies to staff, assuring the highest quality service program to assure booking/rebooking of events. Director of Operations ensures an effective and cost-efficient program by controlling departmental operating budget as well as providing highly responsible staff assistance and management to the General Manager.
• Oversees overall daily operation and maintenance of the stadium and all systems. This includes HVAC, sound, lighting, fire protection, life safety, workplace safety, communications, scoreboard, etc.
• Direct daily interaction with client and team staff.
• Assists the advancing and communicating event information to the appropriate departments and staff.
• Negotiates and administers labor group contracts (Stagehands/Trades).
• Oversees the operation of event set-up and tear-down, i.e. field, court, special events, concerts, meetings, and misc. events.
• Administers and negotiates contracts with outside vendors including pest control, HVAC, electrical, scoreboard systems, seasonal landscaping and snow removal.
• Acts as liaison with University, City and State Services for numerous facility related functions (Building Codes, Fire Safety Codes, Parking, Licenses, permits, etc.)
• Oversee field and court maintenance, operations, and all related areas.
• Ensure timely and accurate communication from department on event and personnel information to the appropriate departments and staff.
• Develop and administer the Operation budget and Capital budget; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary
• Responsible for Health & Safety compliance.
• Responsible for selection, training, motivating and evaluating direct reports.
• Work with direct reports and other department employees to correct deficiencies; implement timely disciplinary action as needed
Nonessential Job Functions:
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s/Technical degree from an accredited college/university/school required.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in facility management.
• Must show demonstrated knowledge of facility management.
• Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
• Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
• Knowledge of basic mechanical, electrical, grounds keeping are helpful
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.