Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are here to create great experiences for each guest, client and employee who enters the arena.
We are looking for a dynamic individual that can help take our “Guest Experience” quality to the next level. The ideal candidate must exercise good judgment and public relations skills in dealing with guests, employees, and clients as well as be available for the majority of Chaifetz Arena events.
· Encourage and coach guest services staff to establish and maintain a positive work environment and improve the level of service they provide
· Ensure guest compliance with all arena policies
· Enforce the Spectra/Chaifetz Arena part time policies and procedures regarding employee dress code, attendance, and behavior
· Provide leadership, training, and motivation to guest services staff
· Set and maintain exceptional services standards and ensure a positive guest experience
· Support fellow Guest Services Supervisors to continue improving guest experience
· Pre and post event procedures: staff check-in and out, gate preparation, distribution of event supplies, locking doors, signage, lost and found inventory
· Ensure staff is in position throughout event, assign appropriate breaks
· Effectively communicate escalated employee issues to Guest Experience Manager and Event Manager
· Be knowledgeable about arena and surrounding areas; ensure guests have a fun and safe experience
· You must be a team player; committed to both helping staff achieve goals and working efficiently and enthusiastically to solve customer issues
· Communicating between departments as necessary to resolve event issues, guest complaints or emergencies (Box Office, Custodial, First Aid)
· Complete incident or injury reports for guests and staff
· Act in a courteous and professional manner at all times
· Must be able to perform in a fast-paced work environment with long hours and maintain an outstanding guest-service focus
· Help with escorting ADA guests to seating area (including wheelchair transport)
· Work on your feet for 4+ hour shifts
· High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
· Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
· Exceptional Customer Service experience and skills – outgoing and friendly personality required
· Candidate should have strong leadership, problem-solving, and organizational skills
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language
· Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work both independently and as part of team, remaining flexible in role
· Must have the ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.