Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
The Concession Culinary Supervisor is responsible for serving guests quality food and beverage following the company’s standard recipes. Prepare and cook meats, soups and sauces and supervise all other aspects of the food and beverage operation. Responsible for the training of kitchen staff, providing leadership, coaching training for Kitchen Supervisors, and overseeing the team’s daily performance. Employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $14 to $17.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
job expires 3/31/2024
● Responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of culinary staff, with direction from Executive Chef & Sous Chefs.
● Coach, mentor, train, discipline team members as required, including Kitchen Supervisors, Cooks, Prep Cooks, and Kitchen Stewards.
● Provide corrective feedback and present employee documentation as required.
● Displays knowledge of culinary preparation skills and teaches others proper preparation and food presentation.
● Assists in the control of food and labor costs.
● Conducts regular inspections of all locations to assure cleanliness and maintenance meet company standards.
● Assists with product rotation and monthly inventory. Reporting inventory discrepancies.
● Receiving and confirming daily orders
● Responsible for providing high quality, fresh food products in a timely manner for delivery to guests.
● Prepares hot and cold foods following company recipes and portioning requirements.
● Above average skill-set regarding preparation, service and delivery of product.
● Responsible for reporting any maintenance required for kitchen equipment.
● Maintains state, local & company sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
● Responsible for observing, temping and testing foods to ensure proper cooking.
● Responsible for portioning, arranging and garnishing food plates for delivery to guests.
● Consults with Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to plan menus and estimate expected food consumption.
● Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
● Additional duties as assigned to support effective and productive operation of the Culinary Dept.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Associates degree in Culinary education. Equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree.
● Advanced training in a fast-paced, professional kitchen, restaurant or similar environment.
● Demonstrated experience working in a supervisor capacity in a kitchen preferred.
● Able to operate standard kitchen equipment to including the broiler, steamer, convection oven, mixer, meat slicer and chef knife.
● Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
● Ability to speak & read at an advanced level in English. Bilingual ability helpful but not required.
● Basic ability to operate a PC in a Window platform including Outlook e-mail preferred.
● Ability to lead a team of kitchen employees in a fast-paced, event-driven, high-volume environment.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.