Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
As a Marketing Assistant, you will be responsible for executing event day marketing plans, including operating marketing tables, providing high quality customer service for our VIP experiences, execution of grassroots promotions and social media content creation. While coordinating marketing plans you will be expected to design, print, and hang flyers around the venue, talk to patrons about upcoming events, provide quality customer service to our Peake Experience clients, assist with back of house experience set up, and assist marketing initiatives as needed.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $15.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Working with team members, participants, and staff to achieve proper execution of marketing plans
- Engage students on campus and audience members to build anticipation and excitement for upcoming events
- Providing high quality customer service to guests during VIP Experiences (Ticketing, coat check, customer support)
- Set up and execution of Back of House experiences and front of house marketing efforts for shows
- Contribute to the planning, scheduling, and execution of social media posts
- Create graphics to display to audience members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
- Good oral and written English
- Ability to multitask and work well under time pressure
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet.
- Be thorough, accurate, organized, and productive with extreme attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule to attend Chesapeake Arena concerts/show/UMBC athletic events.
- Experience using various social media platforms preferred.
- Interest or experience in graphic design preferred.
- Must be comfortable working with the public and have strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Must have the ability to stand in the same spot for an extended period of time
- Must be mobile and be able to move around the concourse
- Must be courteous and polite
- Must be knowledgeable about event/game taking place
- Must have a desire to work events, nights, and weekends
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.