Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring operation efficiencies for the venue to include: oversight of event conversions, general facility operations, rental inventory, shipping/receiving, housekeeping and general facility maintenance. The incumbent is responsible for all part time and full time operations staff.
This role will pay a salary of $42,000 to $48,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
Located in historic downtown Provo, Utah the Utah Valley Convention Center opened its doors in 2012 as the premiere meeting space in Utah County. The UVCC boasts the perfect blend of modern architecture, flexible meeting space, and breathtaking interior and exterior views of the nearby Wasatch Mountains. This combined with its functional floor plan makes it the perfect venue to host any event.
- Assume management responsibility for all services and activities involved in the operations of all convention center sets.
- Work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures
- Prepares and distributes PT operations staff schedules in a timely manner
- Assist in the planning, direct, coordinate and review the work plans for facility operations
- Ability to follow written instruction, interpret CAD’s and blue prints
- Interface with vendors and production crews as required
- Assist in developing long range plans for future events
- Responsible for organization and presentation of all Operations storage areas.
- Communicates between shifts the necessary tasks that still need to be completed
- Working knowledge of operations equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, staging, pipe and drape, all tables, all chairs, etc.
- Responsible for the completion of the monthly Operations work orders
- Coordinates between changeover crew and housekeeping needs with Building Services staff
- Maintains departmental equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
-Three to Five (3-5) years experience in an operations position in an Arena, Convention Center or Public Assembly Facility including set-up/housekeeping, event coordination or related field; a degree in Facility Management or related field may allow for substitution for years of experience
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment and possess superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have the ability to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent organizational skills
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.