Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
The Assistant Banquet/ Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for overseeing the serving of guests in the venue dining areas and catering functions. The Assistant Banquet/ Food and Beverage Manager must be personable and able to work in an ever- changing fast-paced environment. The Assistant Banquet/ Food and Beverage Manager will help oversee scheduling, set up and execution of events with projects including training, inventory and special events.
The Assistant Banquet/ Food and Beverage Manager must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $17.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
Western Kentucky’s award-winning venue – the Owensboro Convention Center – is a full-service facility overlooking the scenic Ohio River in revitalized downtown Owensboro, Kentucky. The multi-purpose center boasts just under 102,000 sq. ft. of available space, including a 44,000+ sq. ft. exhibition hall, the 8,900+ sq. ft. Kentucky Legend® Pier outside over the scenic Ohio River, and additional ballroom, meeting, and pre-function space.
The Sportscenter, one of Owensboro’s most historic buildings, opened in 1949. It is a multi-purpose, 5,000-seat arena that hosts concerts, sporting events, graduations, trade shows, meetings, and receptions.
Responsible for overseeing the serving of meals to guests or directing guests to the buffet line.
· Responsible for responding to customer complaints and resolving operational issues quickly and quietly with minimal disturbance to the catered event
· Responsible for ensuring tableware and linens replaced as necessary and properly.
· Must be knowledgeable with the P.O.S systems and cash handling procedures
· Responsible to help schedule and train staff and temporary employees for events, including recruitment, training and ongoing staff monitoring to ensure guests are being taken care of properly.
· Assists in ordering catering supplies by monitoring inventory
· Assists in monitoring the quality of the products and service provided by the food and beverage staff
· Recommends certain dishes and identifies ingredients or explains how various items on the menu are prepared.
· Assists in setting up banquet functions including linens, dishware, glassware and silverware.
· Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
· Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance
· Strong leadership and motivating skills including the ability to build strong relationships with customers and staff.
· Assists in monitoring labor percentages and helps record daily sales
· Assures that the location equipment is operable and clean prior to start of event.
· Manage all staff members and temporary employees to observe company policies and guests are being serviced.
· Assists Management team with projects including training, inventory and special events.
· And any other duties assigned by your Manager for the betterment of the company.
· Foster a positive working environment to achieve company standards in the service industry.
· Responsible for serving beverages to guests including alcoholic beverages. Must check guest’s ID to verify minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
· Responsible for recognizing guests that are visibly intoxicated and taking action to cut off alcohol to such individuals
Ability to supervise the work of others.
· Stamina and enthusiasm
· Ability to work long hours in a stressful environment
· Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
· Ability to speak read and write in English.
· Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
· Possess valid food handling certificate or alcohol service permit if required by state or federal regulations.
· Ability to maintain budgeted percentages to actual P&L.
· Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
· Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
Experience working in a Manager capacity in a fast-paced restaurant or catering environment.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Oak View Group is committed to equal opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis ("protected class") including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.